May be don’t know.
But if you ask do you know the word Twitter? Almost everyone using internet will tell you Yes.Today The Global Language Monitor(GLM) who monitors the language trends around the globe released the most popular words of the year 2009.Here is the list.The top 5 words.Obama is the second popular word,then H1N1.
- Twitter — The ability to encapsulate human thought in 140 characters
- Obama — The word stem transforms into scores of new words like ObamaCare
- H1N1 — The formal (and politically correct) name for Swine Flu
- Stimulus — The $800 billion aid package meant to help mend the US economy
- Vampire — Vampires are very much en vogue, now the symbol of unrequited love
You can check the complete list here
One more good news for Indian’s is the Slumdog Millionaire Jai Ho! got the place in most popular phrases of 2009.Here is the list.
- King of Pop –Elvis was ‘The King;’ MJ had to settle for ‘King of Pop’
- Obama-mania — One of the scores of words from the Obama-word stem
- Climate Change — Considered politically neutral compared to global warming
- Swine Flu — Popular name for the illness caused by the H1N1 virus
- Too Large to Fail — Institutions that are deemed necessary for financial stability
- Cloud Computing — Using the Internet for a variety of computer services
- Public Option — The ability to buy health insurance from a government entity
- Jai Ho! — A Hindi shout of joy or accomplishment
- Mayan Calendar — Consists of various ‘cycles,’ one of which ends on 12/21/2012
- God Particle — The hadron, believed to hold the secrets of the Big Bang
Get latest online bits to your mail,jntu college of engineering kakinada updates and jntu notifications
Note:You have to active it by clicking on the link that is given in your mail.